Hearing words of encouragement can really add to a successful relationship, and the opposite is true. If things are not going well, withholding kind words not only make things worse, but can erode a strong marriage.
Don’t ask me how I know this, wink. Positive affirmations delivered at the right time can really help you and your husband get through hard times, pull through bad days, disconnect from negative thoughts and generally have a tremendous impact.
The other day I was thinking about how hearing genuine words of affirmations that resonate with what I’m dealing with make me a better man. It can become foundational in loving relationships and strengthen a healthy marriage.
If you want to be a better wife, one of the best things you can do is tap into your husband’s love language. You may want to pick up the book The Five Love Languages on Amazon: check price.
It is written by Gary Chapman. Maybe you have already read it. Just in case you haven’t read it, the author goes over what he sees as the 5 love languages.
The idea behind the book is that we all have an emotional tank. It can range from empty to full. While everything on the following list may help energize your husband, one of them (his primary love language) has an exponential ability to fill your husband’s love tank.
Read this list to discover what your spouse’s love language is:
- Words of Affirmation
- Physical Touch
- Quality Time
- Acts of Service
- Receiving Gifts
If you have gone through the list and discovered or already know that your husband’s love language is words of affirmation, the following examples of words of affirmation can give you some ideas on good things to tell your husband to build him up. If you are intentional, it doesn’t matter what kind of affirmation ends up being the best way to improve your relationship. If you take consistent action, it will make your husband feel good about himself. Try to give your husband a daily reminder or at least the occasional solid reminder of how you value him.
Maybe you make it the first thing you do in the morning.
Going beyond nice words.
I’ve noticed that when I let my wife know how much she is loved and how well I think she’s doing, it makes a real difference.
It’s important to make sure that you touch on the areas that are central to your spouse’s needs.
For example, if you know your husband values his ability to provide for you, that is a great area to compliment.
Loving relationships don’t happen by accident. Happy healthy relationships are developed long-term. Help your husband stand firm. As he feels your love and support, he will become a better husband and overall better person. These daily affirmations can transform your relationship.
Words of Affirmation Examples
Here are some examples of positive affirmations that you can tell your husband.
- You are a handsome hard worker.
- You are my favorite place.
- You are a handsome man.
- You are my best friend.
- You have the greatest sense of humor ever.
- I appreciate you.
- You are a great kisser.
- You are an amazing lover.
- You are my life’s major crush.
- You have an amazing smile.
- You’re the love of my life.
- I’m so thankful that I can lean on your inner strength.
- We make a good team.
- You are a great leader.
- You are my favorite person.
- You make i look forward to the rest of my life.
- I love being a part of your life.
- You are an excellent role model.
- Every passing day makes me love you more.
- You are amazingly strong.
- You’re the smartest person I know.
- You are a great lover.
- You are one sexy beast.
- You make life fun.
- You are a great husband.
- Everyone is jealous of the fact that I have you.
- You are a man of integrity.
- You always figure it out.
- I would follow you anywhere.
- You are my ride or die.
- I can’t wait to see you.
- You make me feel like a woman.
- I can’t wait to do crazy things to you.
- I love loving you.
- You make me a better woman.
- The world experiences you as strong powerful.
- I feel safe with you.
- Thanks for being there for me.
- You are courageous.
- I see you as unstoppable.
- You’ve got to be the funniest person I know.
- You have such strong arms.
- Thank you for everything you do for me and the kids.
- God made you perfect in my eyes.
- You can do anything!
- You’ve got what it takes.
- Your time is coming.
- I believe in you.
- Don’t give up.
- You are such a good provider.
- I miss you.
- I can’t stop thinking of what it feels like when you hold me tight.
- You are the most resilient person I know.
- You are my kind of messed up.
- You are my twin flame.
- You have the best hair.
- I think you are always the smartest guy in the room.
- You light up my world.
- I’m rooting for you!
- I’ll always be here for you.
- I never stop finding new things to love about you.
- You keep it interesting.
- I find you irresistable.
- You are the bravest man I’ve ever known.
- I’m so glad I found you.
- I’m so glad we found each other.
- I think about you all day.
- You are just my speed.
- You are the butter to my bread.
- You are better than an icecream cone on a hot summer day.
- You are the ketchup to my fries.
- You are the rice to my beans.
- You are the gravy to my mash potatoes.
- You are delicious like my favorite dish.
- You have bedroom eyes.
- You are the hammer to my nail.
- You are the wizard to my oz.
- You are the sugar to my cup of tea.
- You are the football to my superbowl.
- You are what scientists call the perfect arrangement of atoms.
- You are the electron to my nucleus.
- Thank God he gives you the strength to work out.
- Thank you for looking the way you do.
- If I want to know what the law of attraction is, I just have to look at you. (maybe growl at the end)
- My favorite PG part of you is your smile.
- My favorite PG part of you is your tender kiss.
- I love spending time with you.
- Tonight… Netflix and chill, wink.
The following funny list of affirmations, while arguably on the cheesy side, can create a space for a lot of fun, especially when delivered in front of other people.
I hope you have as much fun reading these as I did writing them. I also think they are even more entertaining, when you add the word, “baby” to the end of each statement. If you have a strong sense of humor, I think you will see the fun in this.
Consider the list at the very least as a primer for how you can connect with your spouse. What makes words of affirmation important is that when delivered with repetition, they go to work on the subconscious mind. If you make it part of your daily habits, it becomes an easy tool to show your partner respect; one of the things he desires most. It’s a great long term strategy to build the type of happy marriage you have always wanted.
How to deliver the words of affirmation in loving ways that can make all the difference.
If you want to really make these positive words come to life, so they have a massive impact, add an element of surprise.
Here are some creative ways to deliver these affirming messages.
- Send a love letter to your husband.
- Leave a sticky note in his car or in a folder that you know he will open
- Write it on a fogged bathroom mirror and let it dry. When your husband takes a shower, it will reveal you loving message.
- Send a text message (or 10 one after another.)
- Write your message in shoe polish on your husband’s car window.
- Send flowers (yes even guys might appreciate it even though he might now admit it).
- Snatch his phone and add an event reminder that randomly pops up on his phone.
- Leave a note with the manager at the grocery store and have them call your husband on the overhead speaker to come to the service desk.
- At a restaurant, have the server bring a note to your husband.
You know your husband.
What do you think he would respond to?
Be playful and creative. all of it is a powerful way to deal with any relationship issues, and strengthen your marriage. I hope I have given you some good ideas to get you started.
Here’s to a happy relationship and a loving, devoted marriage.